Lyon Freight Policy and Claims Procedures
Lyon takes pride in ensuring that your order is delivered in superior condition. There may be times when a product arrives damaged or missing from your shipment. To ensure your ultimate satisfaction, please see the below freight policy.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE INSPECTED UPON ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION. THIS INSPECTION MUST OCCUR PRIOR TO SIGNING FOR THE DELIVERY AND SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Verification that all items have been received.
- A complete visual inspection of the product and its packaging. If there is evidence of damage on the packaging or pallets, a more thorough inspection should be completed.
- Upon completion of the above inspection(s), if damage is found or there are parts missing, the delivery receipt from the carrier must be signed as damaged or missing. This must be done with the carrier present. If the delivery receipt is not noted as damaged or missing, claims to Lyon for replacement parts may be denied.
WHEN DAMAGED OR MISSING FREIGHT HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED:
For customer arranged freight (collect, will call, 3rd party)
- Customer is responsible for resolving all claims with the carrier when they arrange for freight.
- Concealed damage may exist where there is no evidence of damage to the packaging. This damage must be reported to your carrier within five business days.
- Orders for replacement material will follow normal procedures for order entry and invoicing accordingly. Work with your customer service representative to expedite your replacements.
For Lyon arranged freight (freight allowed, prepaid and add)
- Contact your customer service representative and provide the properly noted and signed delivery receipt, pictures and detailed information on replacement parts.
- Concealed damage may exist where there is no evidence of damage to the packaging. This damage must be report within five business days to customer service, or claims may be denied.
- Customer service will assume the investigation and determine if a ‘no cost replacement’ is warranted.
- Lyon is not responsible for loss of or damage to material after it has been received and accepted. The customer is responsible for protecting the product.
- Once material has moved from its original destination as specified on the delivery receipt, claims cannot be filed.
- It is your responsibility to make certain that drop ship locations are aware and follow the above procedures.
- Lyon will only assume the responsibility of freight damage and filing of a freight claim provided the signed delivery receipt is marked as damaged or missing. Lyon cannot file a freight claim and replace material if the shipment is accepted without the acknowledgment by the carrier for missing or damaged material
- Please contact your Lyon customer service representative with any questions you may have on this policy.
- Lyon does not guarantee delivery dates and times unless specifically agreed to on the order. Delivery dates and times are estimates only based on the information we have available and are subject to change without notice. We will do our best to communicate changes. Customers should work directly with freight carriers for detailed delivery schedules. Claims for missed delivery dates and times will not be approved.